Title: Social Media Ambassador
Campus: Queens Campus
Department: Office of Admissions
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-155S
Job Purpose: Are you already sharing your STJ
experience online? Do you enjoy managing social media platforms?
Then you already are a Social Media Ambassador!
The Office of Admissions uses Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Flickr,
Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Spotify to
communicate with prospective and incoming first year
students. We’re looking for students to join our team to help
us share the STJ story one gif, tweet, and video at a time.
• Write engaging content for social
• Make videos go viral – across STJ, across the
web, across the world
• Actively send tweets, post blogs, publish
comments, share links and create albums to communicate your
experience at St. John’s University
• Keep a pulse on social topics daily (e.g.
trending Twitter topics)
• Attend Social Media Ambassador meetings and
communicate regularly via email
• Create awareness as a Social Media Ambassador
and promote St. John’s events and initiatives
• Provide feedback to maximize St. John’s media
efforts to build a vibrant and engaged community of future and
• Be present at on-campus events to provide live
photos, commentary, and video footage\
• Lives and breathes social media
• GPA of 3.0 or above
• Eager to share the STJ story and proud to be a
• Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, Power Point,
Word) also Adobe Photoshop
• Stays abreast of news and trends in the digital
• Rapid adopter of new technologies and
• Excellent communication skills and detail
• The ability to handle confidential matters and
to be professional
• Ability to work well with others
• Willingness to tackle new projects
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week
Skill Development Areas: Good writing ability, interest, or
experience in online marketing and business development.
In addition to completing the online student application,
students should send a copy of their resume to Sandra Ordonez,
Assistant Director of Social Media, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Federal works study guidelines, only students
that have been awarded a work study grant for the academic school
year can apply for this position.
Any resumes submitted where the student has not been awarded a work
study grant will not be considered.