Title: Little Theatre Student Staff
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-205T
Job Purpose: The Little Theatre is the creative outlet for
the St. John’s community. The venue provides an opportunity for
theatre groups and general events to be hosted in the 400 seat
theatre. The Little Theatre staff will be responsible for
managing small and large scale events.
The Little Theatre Audio Visual staff member is responsible for
setting up and dismantling audio/visual (A/V) equipment used in the
Little theatre throughout the course of events, speaking
engagements & movie showings. The staff will also provide
technical assistance and support during events as requested or as
Responsibilities include, but are not limited
• Collect patron assessment forms at the end of designated
• Set – up audio/visual equipment and stages in accordance
with the schedule of events for the Little Theatre
• Set-up and put away basic a/v equipment as needed.
This includes: overhead projector, simple microphone set-up
(typically 2-3 microphones), Hi resolution monitors with DVD’s,
portable sound system, set- up podiums.
• Respond to requests from the Coordinator of Operations and
• Inspect theatre for damages, cleanliness and document issue.
Give documentation to supervisor
• Troubleshooting A/V equipment when there are technical
questions or problems related to A/V equipment and identifying
• Serve as on-sight A/V support for events that take place in
in the Little Theater when requested
• Clean and maintain equipment, report damages to the
Coordinator of Operations.
• Assist in conducting inventory of A/V equipment as requested
or as needed
• Attend staff meetings and training sessions as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Wireless and handheld microphones, 24 channel
mixing board, projector, screen, lights etc
• Effective leadership
• Oral communication skills
• Collaborating with the students, administrators and
• Identifying problems and troubleshooting
• Ability to work well with others.
• Provide customer service
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
Unusual Physical Demands:
• Lifting moderately heavy equipment
In addition to completing the online student application,
interested students should send a copy of their resume to the
Operations office at email@example.com
Please indicate Little Theatre Staff in the subject
Only students that have been awarded a work study grant
for the academic school year are eligible to apply for this
position. Any resumes submitted, where the student has not been
awarded work study, will not be considered.