Title: Concierge General Staff
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-205C
Job Purpose: As a member of the Concierge staff you will
attend to all of the needs and requirements of the Campus Concierge
desk in the D’Angelo Center. This position is for one
• Assist with answering telephones and responding to emails
regarding Campus Concierge events and/or other campus events.
• Serve as a customer service representative for the Office of
Campus Activities. You will be expected to know and
understand general university-wide policies and information on
upcoming events and programs.
• Properly record and complete ticket and voucher sale
transactions for various events including Broadway Shows, on-campus
activities, and movie tickets.
• Retain the most up to date knowledge on daily events.
This will require you to check St. John’s Central frequently
throughout the day, contact participating offices, review the
master calendar, and search through other publications made
available to you.
• Data entry into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
• Maintain the upkeep of Student Life display cases and post
fliers around campus.
• Other clerical duties or special projects as assigned.
• Computers, phone, computer tablets, swipe technology
• Familiarity with campus involvement, events, and
• Good computer skills (familiarity with Excel is
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week including
nights and weekends.
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
Unusual Physical Demands:
• Ability to walk one half mile.
In addition to completing the online student application students
must send a copy of their resume to Christina Blanchard at firstname.lastname@example.org