Student Life - Operations Staff
Flexible. Will work with student's class schedule.
Job Purpose: The D’Angelo Center Operations Staff is
responsible for assisting with the management of the facility
during the week, evening hours and some nights and weekends. It is
imperative that the Operations Staff be familiar with the building,
its equipment, policies, programmatic services, and the day to day
schedule of events. The position also requires knowledge of the
University. The role of Operations Staff encompasses problem
solving, interpreting policies, and serving as a student
• Facilitate and monitor events in the D’Angelo Center
• Meet and confirm building operations with the Student
• Assist Building Managers with opening and closing
• Provide back up support to building services, Campus
Concierge, audio visual, facilities staff. General upkeep of the
building, correct placement of furnishings throughout the
• Setup and preparation of meeting rooms in the D’Angelo
• Inspect rooms for damage, cleanliness and document issues to
be addressed. Provide documentation to the supervisor.
• Post meeting room schedules, ensure room is unlocked and
• Tour the D’Angelo Center for routine checks of the
• Knowledgeable of emergency procedures and troubleshoot
concerns within the D’Angelo Center.
• Understand and follow the policies and procedures of St.
John’s University D’Angelo Center.
• Check bulletin boards for unauthorized or outdated posters
and flyers and remove if necessary.
• Attend staff meetings and training sessions as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ipod touch, laptops, pipe and drape, tables, etc.
• Familiarity with campus involvement, events, and
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week including
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
Unusual Physical Demands:
• Ability to life up to twenty (20) lbs
In addition to completing the online student
application, interested candidates should submit a copy of their
resume to the Operations office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Operations Staff position in the subject
Only students that have been awarded a work study grant
for the acadamic school are eligible to apply for this position.
Any resumes submitted for this position, where the student has not
been awarded work study , will not be