Title: College Work Study
Campus: Staten Island
Job ID: S01969-153
Job Purpose: Student workers in the Office of Student
Enrollment Services are required to assist in general office tasks
such as answering phones, data entry, as well as assisting students
and their families with financial aid/bursar/registrar
questions. The student will be expected to work during the
academic school year and during breaks and summer.
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing, shredding and
filing, typing and preparing documentation for staging table.
• Assist at front desk, answer general questions and direct to
the proper individual(s).
• Greet students and their guests answer questions, and direct
students/parents to proper individual for assistance.
• Data entry.
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
• Computer, fax machine, photocopier, shredder, swipe
• Familiarity with the office equipment (computer, fax,
copier).Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel).
• Excellent communication skills, professional, and detail
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work between 12 – 20 hours per week (some
evenings/weekends/holidays and summer hours are required).
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
Multitasking, Communication, Banner System.
• Approximately 12-20 hours weekly, to be scheduled on M-F
between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with some late evenings until 7:00
p.m., some holidays/weekends.
• Applicants must also be able to work throughout the
In addition to completing the student online
application, please send a copy of your resume to Trina LoPrimo,
Office of Student Enrollment Services, Kelleher Center, Room 116 –
Fax # 718-390-4031 or email to email@example.com.
Resumes submitted for this position will not be
considered if the student does not have work study. This
position requires that students have been awarded a work study
grant for the academic school year.