Title: Peer Academic
Student Requested: College
Job ID: S01969-211
Job Purpose: The Peer
Academic Leader serves as the link between students, faculty
members, and the Learning Communities staff in planning and
executing out-of-class experiences that relate to the curriculum of
the specifically designated Learning Communities courses throughout
the academic year.
- Assist with answering telephones, faxing, filing
correspondence, running errands on campus, stuffing envelopes and
- Greet office guests, answer questions and direct
to the proper individual(s).
- Build and review packets for the
- Maintain contact with students, faculty and
Learning Communities’ staff about events relevant to them.
- Assist with advertising department events to
students and update faculty members on event changes.
- Oversee proper room set up, necessary items are
received, and making sure transportation is provided for off-campus
events the day of.
- Administer and collect faculty and student
satisfaction surveys for each event that is planned.
- Assist in database entry. (Logging event
attendance, survey responses, etc)
- Other administrative duties or special projects
- computers, fax machine,
- Team leader experience preferred.
- Good computer skills (Database entry, Microsoft
Word, Power Point and Excel).
- Excellent communication skills and detail
- The ability to handle confidential matters and
to be professional.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Willingness to tackle new projects.
- Ability to work between 10-15 hours per week
(during University business hours).
- Flexible schedule.