Title: Student Worker
Department: Pharmacy - H.E.R.C.
Job ID: S01969-582
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job Purpose: Under the direct supervision of both the
Director and Assistant to the Director, the student worker will
assist with the day –to–day operations of the Health Education
Resource Center. The student will meet, greet and swipe
students into the facility, assist students with retriveing items,
maintain all printers and copy machines, and assist with
administrative duties and special projects as
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing,
filing correspondence, running errands on campus, stuffing
envelopes and making copies.
• Greet all incoming students and faculty, answer
questions and direct to the proper individual(s).
• Greet students and ensure each student’s ID is
swiped before allowing entry into HERC.
• Assist students with locating and retrieving
items in the collection
• Assist students with using printers and copy
• Assist with data entry projects using Microsoft
• Assist with daily maintenance of the facility
(I.e. pushing in chairs, loading paper trays, etc.)
• Assist with the setup and coordination of
events ( i.e. greeting guests, handing and posting
• Assist with the scanning and emailing of
• Assist with updating serials and processing in
• Assist with preparing student for LATA
• Other administrative duties or special projects
• Computer, Scanner,
Copy Machine, Printer, DVD player, Typewriter,
• Must have excellent
communication skills, be customer service centered and detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly
• Familiarity with the office equipment listed
• The ability to handle confidential matters and
to be professional
• Ability to work well with others and
independently at times
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week,
with 1 – 2 evenings a week
• Flexible schedule (if required).
Skill Development Areas:
Listening, Customer Service, Time Management, Multitasking,
Communication, Student learning.
Unusual Physical Demands:
• Light to heavy
lifting; between 5-25lbs
Pharmacy students are not permitted to apply for this
In addition to completing the online student application,
interested students must submit a copy of their resume to:
Resumes submitted for this position will not be considered if the
student does not have work study. A work study grant for the
academic school year is required for any resumes submitted for this