College Work Study
Flexible. Will work with student's class schedule.
Some saturdays required.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist with the daily operations of the GEAR UP program
at Long Island City High School and/or the office on the Queens
• Providing tutoring in Math, Science, US History, and/or
• Assist with preparing students for NYS Regents Exam and/or
standardized test scores
• Provide support during GEAR UP events (including
College Tours, SAT Prep classes, Community Service, etc.)
• Assist students with the completion of college admission and
financial aid applications
• Other duties as assigned.
• Attention to detail. Excellent oral and communication
• Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
• Bilingual strongly encouraged
• Strong foundation in at least two content areas (i.e. Math,
Science, US History, Global History)
In addition to completing the online student
application, interested candidates must submit their resume to Dr.
Yvette Morgan, Program Director at email@example.com
Interested students are also encouraged to visit the
Gear UP office located in St. John's Hall, Room B13, for more