Title: Student Worker
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job Purpose: Student workers will be able to assist
students with the application process. This job is a summer and/or
academic year position.
Job ID: S01969-154
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing, filing
correspondence, running errands on campus, stuffing envelopes and
• Greet office guests, answer questions and direct to the
• Data entry into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
• Make suggestions on how to streamline a process or task that
• Create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Build and review packets for the department.
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
• For example: computers, fax machine, photocopier and
• Experience preferred (may be for Team Leader or Event Leader
type of positions).
• Good computer skills (for example Microsoft Word or
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week (and selected
holidays when the office is open).
• Flexible schedule.
Skill Development Areas:
• For example: Listening, Customer Service, Time Management,
Multitasking, Communication, Intercultural proficiency, Student
Unusual Physical Demands:
• For example: lifting, climbing, etc.
In addition to completing the online student
application, interested students should send their
resume to Robert Medrano at firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with federal work study guidelines, only
students that have been awarded a work study grant for the academic
school year can apply for this position. Any resumes
submitted for this position will not be considered if the student
has not been awarded a work study grant.