Title: Student Worker
Student Requested: College Work Study
Job ID: S01969-108
Job Purpose: This position requires that the student
tutors and/or assists, by direction of the class instructor, Adult
Basic Education and GED learners enrolled in two Adult Literacy
Programs through CLACS. The student will also be required to assist
in the CLACS office.
These programs support the Queens community by offering free
educational services to both young immigrants and adults of all
ages. The position runs throughout the full academic year and until
June 30, 2014. These grants may be renewable.
In CLACS Office:
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing, filing
correspondence, running errands on campus, stuffing envelopes and
• Greet office guests, answer questions and direct to the
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
In Adult Literacy Classes:
• Tutor students during or outside class time.
• Other duties or special projects as assigned by class
• Computer, fax machine, photocopier, scanner, projector
• Bilingual. English/Spanish preferred.
• Familiarity with office equipment.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel,
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week (some
evenings and weekends may be required).
Skill Development Areas:
• For example: Tutoring, Listening, Time Management,
Multitasking, Communication, Intercultural proficiency.
In addition to completing the online student worker application,
interested students should alos send a copy of their resume to Dr.
Alina Camach-Gingrich at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.