Center for Counseling and Consultation
Job ID: S01969-352
The student employee works by the
direction of the Associate Director and Secretary. All duties are
to be benefits of the University community to create a positive
learning environment for students consistent with the University’s
Catholic mission. The Student Worker position is per
semester. The primary focus of the position is to offer
excellent customer service to St. John’s University
community. The student worker will assist the Associate
Director and Secretary with the overall office
• Maintain Strict Confidentiality of
• Good Communication skills and know how to handle difficult
• Answer telephones and take messages as necessary
• Maintain clean and friendly office atmosphere
• Offer a professional customer service attitude and
• Participate in the centers programs as needed
• Be familiar with the Student Worker handbook http://www.stjohns.edu/faculty/hr/recruitment/student
Daily/Weekly Operations (hours of service
are 8:30- 4:30 pm Mon-Thurs; 8:30- 3:00 pm Fri.)
• Answer telephones in a courteous
and professional manner
• Taking accurate messages including, name, date, time,
telephone number or extension.
• Perform various office duties such as using copy machine,
faxing documents and filing.
• Distribute department flyers in a timely fashion.
• Assist in department events and projects as
• Each student worker is responsible
for the conduct stated in the Student Conduct Handbook of St.
John’s University. All student workers are required to exhibit
exemplary judicial standing.
• Any student requiring disciplinary action will be asked to
resign and will no longer be employed by the Office of Counseling
Mandatory Days of Service
• Scheduled office hours
• Current St. Johns Student with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
GPA’s below specified requirements will warrant a semester
suspension from employment. After the GPA has been improved,
employment will be considered.
• Prior office experience is not required, but is
• Strong communication and listening skills are necessary. The
ability to take direction well is warranted.
• Successful candidates will also be focused, have a
collaborative work style, have appreciation for the Vincentian
mission of St. John’s University, have a strong commitment to
diversity and be prepared to work with a diverse student
In addition to completing the online application,
interested candidates should forward their resume to Erin
Ryan at email@example.com