Title: Phone Program Caller
Student Requested: College Work Study Student
Job ID: S01969 -176A
Job Purpose: During the academic year we call St. John’s
alumni and update them on changes or special events at St. John’s,
and to ask for donations to support the university.
Work Schedule: 2 p.m.- 5 p.m. or 6 p.m.- 9 p.m., Sundays/ 6
p.m.- 9 p.m., Monday through Thursday
Job Responsibilities: List major duties and
responsibilities – below is a list of sample responsibilities that
your student worker may or may not be doing. Keep those that
are applicable, delete those that are not and add the additional
responsibilities that the student worker will be doing to make the
description accurate and complete.
• Make calls to alumni and parents for a three hour period
to ask for donations. Process those donations when made, and handle
all information, especially financial information, in a
professional and confidential manner.
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
• computers, telephone.
Qualifications: Below is a sample of qualifications, keep
what’s applicable and delete what is not. Add any additional
qualifications as well. Should include training, experience,
special requirements, skills, etc.
• Experience with calling in a professional setting
• Familiarity with the office equipment.
• Good computer skills (training on our calling program is
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work at least 6 hours per week on a set
Skill Development Areas:
• Listening, Customer Service, Communication.
In addition to completing the online student application,
please send a copy of your resume to Donald McKay at email@example.com
In compliance with Federal Work Study guidelines, only
students that have been awarded a work study grant for the academic
school year can apply for this position.
Resumes submitted for this position will not be
considered if the student has not been awarded a work study grant
for the academic school year.