Title: Student Worker
Regular Student Worker
Job ID: S00876-274
Department: Kathryn and Shelby Cullom
IMLS Cohorts are not eligible for
- To assist the library faculty and staff in the day-to-day
operations of the library.
Summer Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00
Friday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Fall-Spring Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00
a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Finals Week Monday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 01:00
Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 01:00
- Experience in libraries preferred, although not required, or
experience with computers, or willingness to learn; and
dependability and promptness is required.
- Student must not be allergic to dust.
- Must lift between 20 and 40 pounds.
- Students in this position may work alone during early morning and
late evening hours, both weekdays and weekends.
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends.
- Will handle money at circulation desk and will secure it at
- Interpret the needs of library users.
- File loose-leaf publications.
- Aid users in locating library resources.
- Instruct users in use of printers and copiers.
- Perform support activities such as check-in/ checkout of library
- Process mail.
- Assist with bindery operations.
- Gather, sort, and re-shelve books and journals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Student assistants are to maintain an alert, friendly, proactive
manner in their interaction with library users. Training will be
In addition to completing the online student
application, interested candidates are required to submit their
resume to Andrew Seville at email@example.com