Title: Student Worker
Campus: St. John’s University, Queens Campus
Student Requested: Regular Student
Job ID: S01906-109
Job Purpose: The Office of Community interacts with
members of the community in various ways. Some of the
activities center around Neighborhood Dialogue Meetings, Blood
Drives, Bone Marrow Drives, American Cancer Society activities, NY
Organ Donor drives, voter registration drives, Veterans Day events,
The Great Lawn Summer Concert, cultural events, etc. The student
worker positions are crucial to the day-to-day operations leading
up to these events and ongoing office activities.
• Assist with answering telephones, faxing, filing
correspondence, running errands on campus, stuffing envelopes and
• Greet office guests, answer questions and direct to the
• Data entry into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
• Maintain various mailing lists for Staten Island and
• Create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Other clerical duties or special projects as assigned.
• Computers, fax machine, photocopier, scanner
Qualifications - Experience in office procedures preferred but
• Computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point
• A willingness to learn
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work between 15 – 20 hours per week
• Flexible schedule (if required).
Skill Development Areas:
• Customer Service, Time Management, Multitasking,
Communication, Accurate Message taking, Student learning.
In addition to completing the online student application,
interested students should send a copy of your resume to Joseph
Sciame, Vice President for Community Relations, Newman Hall, Room