Campus: Queens (Seton Complex)
Student Requested: Regular Student Worker
Job ID: S02120-589
Job Purpose: An academic year position for Dr. Elissa
Brown’s program, the Child HELP Partnership. This program is
located in the St. John’s University Center for Psychological
Services and was founded on the mission of protecting children from
interpersonal violence and its emotional impact.
• Data entry into SPSS databases and Microsoft Excel
• Update web, Facebook, and Twitter pages on a regular
• Build packets with materials for trainings, marketing, and
• Make phone calls to press contacts and potential donors on a
regular basis to cultivate relationships.
• Assist with filing, running errands on campus, stuffing
envelopes and making copies.
• Other administrative duties or special projects as
• Computers, photocopier, and scanner.
• Psychology students preferred.
• Familiarity with office equipment (computers, photocopier,
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, and
• Excellent communication skills and detail oriented.
• The ability to handle confidential matters and to be
• Ability to work well with others.
• Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Willingness to tackle new projects.
• Ability to work 20 hours per week including some evenings
• Travel to trainings via your own transportation.
Skill Development Areas:
• Professional Growth; Increased knowledge of child
development, mental health, trauma; Research experience; Exposure
to program development
Unusual Physical Demands:
In addition to completing the online student
application, interestes students must send a copy of your resume to
Dr. Elissa Brown (email@example.com
) and Trish Batchelor (firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this position is located off-campus at
the Seton Complex.