Assistant Professor - Physician Assistant
Department of Pharmacy Administration and Allied Health
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
One Tenure-Track Position
The Department of Pharmacy Administration and Allied Health
Sciences invites applications for a 12-month, tenure-track position
as Assistant Professor – Industry Professional for the Physician
Assistant program. The successful candidate will participate
in the coordination of the didactic and/or clinical curriculum and
teach in multiple content areas. The faculty member will work in
close association with the Academic Coordinator and/or the Clinical
Coordinator and will report to both the Program Director and the
- Instruct physician assistant students in various courses.
- Participate in program administrative activities including but
not limited to assessment, accreditation, admissions, progression,
and evaluating program policies and procedures.
- Assist in experiential site assessment, recruitment, and
- Supervise, counsel and evaluate academic progress of didactic
and/or clinical year students
- Serve on university, college, and departmental committees.
- Conduct independent and collaborative research and
- Engage in university, community, and professional service.
- Maintain professional competencies in the subject area and
currency in instructional methodologies through professional
associations and professional development.
- Maintain board certification as a registered physician
- Maintain membership in professional organizations when
- May perform other related tasks as assigned by the Department
Chair and/or Dean.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Physician Assistant or related
- Current New York State Physician Assistant Registration with
current NCCPA Board Certification required or eligible to practice
in New York State
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience is required, 5 years is
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience is desirable
- Administrative experience a plus
- Candidate must be proficient in curriculum design, program
administration, evaluation, and instruction.
- This position is subject to a comprehensive background screen,
with employment contingent upon satisfactory results. If access to
a University vehicle is required for the position, a DMV check for
driving record and valid driver’s license is also required.
Please apply on line:
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
encourages applications from women and minorities.