Policies for Third Party Recruiters
In conjunction with the Principles for Professional Conduct, set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), University Career Services has established the following third-party recruiting policy:
- Agreement that the agency, organization, or individual is a third-party recruiter as defined in the NACE Principles for Third-Party Recruiters.
- Adherence to all NACE principles, specifically those related to and stated within the Principles for Third-Party Recruiters.
- Third-party recruiters who directly charge candidates being referred for the position(s) are prohibited from receiving resumes.
Access to resumes of St. John’s University students and alumni will be limited to posting an employment opportunity or receiving a resume referral. The recruitment of St. John’s University students and alumni must be conducted in adherence to our policy and third party recruiters must agree to the following conditions:
- University Career Services will refer resumes for specific positions only and the third party recruiter must disclose the title of the position and name of the client at the time of the referral.
- The third party recruiter must disclose the client name to University Career Services prior to obtaining approval to post positions via Career Link, and University Career Services will verify the information by reviewing the known client’s website and open position. When deemed necessary, University Career Services maintains the right to request the contact information of the known client to verify that the organization is recruiting for a bona fide job opportunity.
- University Career Services will respect the confidentiality of the information and will not publish the client name in any manner.
- The third party recruiter must disclose the client name to candidates and under no circumstances can the students / alumni information be disclosed for other than recruiting purposes, nor can their information be sold or provided to other entities outside of the client for whom the resumes are designated.
Attendance at Career Fairs will be limited to employers hiring for full-time positions within their own organizations at the discretion of University Career Services.