Commencement Public Safety Advisory
The Department of Public Safety would like to advise all attendees of the 2014 Commencement ceremonies in Queens and Staten Island of the security and safety measures that will be in place. Your patience, understanding, and most importantly, your cooperation will be greatly appreciated. The Department of Public Safety will be working closely with the New York City Police Department and will assign Officers to all the entrance points to the ceremony sites and will be checking bags and packages. Please only bring necessary items and please review the list below for items that are not allowed at either site:
- No handbags or tote bags bigger then 10"x10"x10"
- Sealed packages of any kind
- Bottles or cans (glass or metal)
- Aerosol cans or noisemaking devices
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals (unless a service animal)
- Flags, banners, or signs
- Any materials constituting unauthorized advertising or promotion
- Laser pointing devices
These enhanced security measures are intended to ensure this special day is enjoyable for our graduates and their families by providing a safe and secure venue for each Commencement ceremony. We thank all in advance for their cooperation.