Would you like to be the St. John's
Mascot, Johnny Thunderbird??
Student Affairs is hosting try-outs to be the Johnny Thunderbird at
student and University-Wide signature events for the Spring 2010
semester. This is a great opportunity to increase school
spirit at St. John's at premier events, such as the Activity Fair,
Academic Lecture Series, Super Bowl Party, Career Fairs, Relay for
Life, Spring Concert, Spring Fling, Accepted Students Day and so
much more! Take a look at the requirements below, and contact
Campus Recreation with any questions you may have.
- Must be 5'6"-5'9"
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 and a full time student (9 credits)
- Must be available during common hour, nights &
- Tryouts will be conducted by Campus Recreation in the
Multi-Purpose Room, which is located on the lower level of
- You will be given 5 minutes to show us why you think you could
be the next Johnny Thunderbird!
Compensation will be
If you have any questions, please call the Coordinator of
Recreational Programs, Denise DiBartolo at 718-990-7521 or stop by
her office in Taffner Field House, Room 105.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Carnesecca Arena, Multipurpose Room, Queens Campus
* Note: The Student Affairs Johnny Thunderbird mascot will be
serving at premier and signature student events throughout the
year. The Department of Athletics oversees Johnny at athletic