*Please allow at least 3-7
business days for processing*
- Videos need to be more impactful. If it can be said in an email
message the same way, then perhaps a video is not the best way to
present the message. Videos should make you think, smile, maybe
even laugh out loud.
- Videos should lead to a next step. You should direct your
viewers to sign-up on a website, or visit the campus concierge to
buy a ticket, or change a behavior or something like that. The next
step should be very clear to the viewer.
- Videos need to be short, under 1 minute is best. (Long videos
eat up precious broadband resources). If you have a lot of
information to share, link to a web page.
- Videos need to be timely, nobody wants to view old news or
something that is a long time off.
- Since we can only show 1 video at a time, we need some
notice. Send us the video at least 3 days before you want it
shown. Your chances that it will be displayed are better if we have
even more time to work with it.
- Videos need to be well executed. Pay attention to lighting,
sound quality, scene transition, captions, etc.
- Whenever possible, videos should be sent as You Tube
links. Campus Activities and St. John’s University have
“Official You Tube Channels”. If you need more information
about uploading to the Campus Activities channel, please contact
Frank Jerome. For the "official" St. John's University You
Tube Channel, contact Sandra Ordonez.
Please do not send links to personal You Tube
- Please send the official link to Cindy Grossman when you are
ready to have it considered for inclusion on St.John's