Ask us any question and we will answer!
Frequently Asked Questions
- When will school be opened?
All NY STJ campuses except Manhattan will reopen on Monday, November 5th, 2012. Manhattan classes will be held on the Queens campus until further notice. More information can be found on www.stjohns.edu.
- Will the Manhattan shuttle be running now that the Manhattan campus is closed?
The Manhattan shuttle is suspended until the campus reopens.
Click here for a detailed shuttle schedule
- What will happen with registration since school was closed due to Hurricane Sandy?
Preregistration for the spring semester will be pushed up one week.
Click here for a registration schedule
- What about the class withdrawal deadline?
The deadline to withdraw from a class has been extended to November 15th.
- When will the library be opened?
The Queens library will be opened on Monday, November 5th.
- When will the dining facilities be opened?
All dining facilities will return to normal operating hours starting tomorrow (Sunday, November 4th)
- If I want to contribute to Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts, what can I do?
We encourage all students to go to www.nyc.gov for details on how you can support. We will provide further details on any STJ initiatives via Facebook and Twitter, so keep posted.
- If I need assistance from the University, who can I call?
Student Affairs has a Help Center Phone Line dedicated to helping you address any issues. The Student Affairs Help Center is situated to answer a wide range of questions, and will help facilitate connecting each caller with the department best equipped to field your inquiry if necessary. You may contact a St. John's representative for suppor during regular business hours at (718) 990-1422.
Please note: For specific inquiries on class cancellations, please contact your professor or Academic College Dean's Office.
- I am experiencing difficulties finding transportation to campus, what can I do?
Student Government Incorporated is coordinating a carpooling program called STJ Ride Share to help students communicate with one other to get to campus. Join the conversation now and team up with your peers to get to campus.
More questions will be added so keep posted!