Established: 1945 (reinstated 1982)
Slogan: Love and Sisterhood
Values: Faith, Education, Charity
Sorority Flower: The Yellow Rose
Sorority Mascot: Phi-do the little brown puppy
Sorority Colors: Gold and Black
We the sisters of Phi Eta Chi pledge our love and devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and promise to follow in her ways of kindness and generosity towards our fellow sisters and others. We the sisters are a united sorority who wish to enforce high moral standards among one another and to promote high Christian love in society. As sisters of Phi Eta chi, we intend to establish a positive educational atmosphere and to encourage a unity among sisters in the hopes that her progress will contribute to the betterment of our future world.
Phi Eta Chi was established on October 10, 1945. The sorority was reinstated on December 29, 1982 by four dedicated sisters: Robin Lennon, Jeanette Rosado, Angela Aversa, and Maria Nardini. Phi Eta Chi is known for its devotion to charitable organizations including St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, The Humane Society, American Cancer Society and many others. Each sister continues to uphold our values in everyday life. As sisters in the St. John’s Community, we intend to establish a positive educational atmosphere and encourage a unity among sisters for the betterment of each individual in the hope that her progress will contribute to the betterment of our future world. Phi Eta Chi dedicates itself to bringing about a unity among women, all sharing common goals and interests. Its aims are of Christian sisterhood, scholarship, and charitable service.