The Office of Residence Life at St. John’s University aims to
strengthen the learning community for all students by providing
opportunities for intellectual, spiritual, and personal development
that complement those offered in the classroom. Residence Life
significantly expands the opportunity for such development since
the resident students are immersed in the campus environment.
The goal of the Office of Residence Life is to foster personal
responsibility, social awareness, and student leadership through
programs and activities consistent with the values of the
- Residence Life enhances the academic mission of the University
by facilitating integration of classroom activities with
co-curricular and extra-curricular experiences.
- Consistent with the University’s Catholic mission, the Office
of Residence Life promotes the development of spiritual and moral
values, ethical principles, and an appreciation for human
- Consistent with the University’s Vincentian mission, the Office
of Residence Life encourages students to live in the spirit of St.
Vincent De Paul through innovative service learning and volunteer
- Taking full advantage of the University’s New York Metropolitan
location, the Office of Residence Life provides opportunities for
students to be enriched by the diverse resources of this global
- By helping students to realize their human potential, the
Office of Residence Life strives to develop St. John’s University
alumni who are lifelong learners, responsible citizens, and
men/women of compassion and integrity.