Campus Recreation’s Club Sports Program provides opportunities for
students with similar interests to participate in various sport and
recreational activities. It is administered by Campus Recreation
and is dedicated to improving the quality of life for students as
well as encouraging healthy life choices.Club Sports are formed so
the participants can learn new skills, improve existing skills,
enjoy recreation and engage in competition. Participants can also
enjoy both social and recreational fellowship through teamwork and
develop their leadership skills.
Interested in Starting a New
All proposals for new Club Sports must be submitted to the Director
of Campus Recreation. The proposal must show evidence of:
- A strong student interest in participating in the
- Availability of facilities for practice and competition.
- Availability of adequate competition within a reasonable
geographical range from campus.
- Availability of a coach.
- Demonstration of student leadership within the club.
- Capacity of the club to meet needs, which are not currently met
elsewhere in the total athletic program.
- Capacity of the club to meet financial responsibilities of the
club beyond what is provided by the Campus Recreation Department.
The Director of Campus Recreation in consultation with the Dean
of Student Life reviews the proposal and submits recommendation for
The following clubs are currently established through the Campus
- Men's Basketball
- Bowling Club
- Tennis Club
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Running Club
If you are interested in starting a new club please contact Teresa
Sellitto and firstname.lastname@example.org