Operations Staff workers are a specially trained team that works
together to provide a safe and pleasant atmosphere for the St.
John's community and University guests. Student functions
that require Operations Staff workers include any activity where
alcohol is being served, or where crowd control is
In general, Operations Staff workers are responsible for
enforcing University regulations and procedures. Due to the
sensitive nature of this job, Operations Staff workers are not
expected to take independent action on disciplinary matters.
Rather, details of incidents must be brought to the attention of a
supervisor immediately. In addition, whenever possible,
Operations Staff workers should enlist each other as witnesses to
Whether Staff workers are positioned in the University Center,
Marillac Terrace, Dining Hall or the Library, their general purpose
is to maintain University regulations (i.e. No-Smoking
Policy). They are also present in these areas to maintain
Responsible for the supervision of the D'Angelo Center and night
events. This includes its equipment, policies, programs, services
and day-to-day schedule for events.
- Serve as a medium between administration and student staff
- Open and close the D'Angelo Center
- Schedule staff for events and daily shifts
- Supervise set-ups and preparation of meeting rooms in D'Angelo
- Provide back up support to building services, campus concierge,
audio visual, and facilities.
Managers in Training (M.I.T.)
A member of the Operations team for at least two semesters. This
individuals demonstrate behaviors and leadership qualities in line
with the Operations mission.
Being eager to learn and multi-task, this individual is
responsible for shadowing and co-supervising the Operations
General responsibilities include assisting with the management
of the facility during the week, evening hours and some
nights/weekends as well as problem solving, interpreting policies,
security and serving as a student resourse.
- Meet and confirm building operations with the Coordinator and
Manager of D'Angelo Center
- Assist Building Managers with opening and closing
- Provide back-up support to building services, campus concierge,
audio visual and custodial staff
- General upkeep of D'Angelo Center including event and meeting
management and correct placement of furnishing throughout the
- Attend staff meetings and sessions as needed
Little Theatre Team
Responsible for setting up and dismantling audio vidual
equipment used in the Little Theatre throughout the course of
events, speaking engagements & movie showings. The team also
provides technical assistance and support during events as
requested or as needed.
- Set up audio visual equipment and stages in accordance with the
schedule of events
- Inspect Lettle Theatre for damages, cleanliness and document
- Respond to requests for the Coordinator of Operations and