What is Student
Student Government Inc. is the parent organization of all
undergraduate student organizations on campus. S.G.I. is also the
channel of communications from students to administration. Meetings
are open to all interested parties where many topics vital to the
future of student activities and organizations at St. John’s are
brought to the floor to be discussed on an open forum and voted on
by the floor of Student Government. S.G.I is comprised of a
president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, three senators
(sophomore, junior, senior), two student representatives from each
class within each school and committee chairs (Academic Affairs,
Budget, Research and Development, School Spirit, Elections, Public
Relations, Organizations Events Review.)
What are the requirements to become a
member of Student Government?
The following are highlights of requirements described more fully
in the constitution of Student Government Inc.:
- Each representative is required to complete a minimum of six
hours for Student Government per month.
- Representatives are required to attend Faculty Council
- Representatives are required to do one office hour per
- Each representative must join and work with at least one of the
Student Government, Inc. committees by the 4th week of their
To be eligible to vote in this year's Student Government, Inc.
Executive Board and Senatorial Elections, the student must meet the
- Full-Time/Part-Time, Queens campus, Undergraduate student
- Full-Time/Part-Time, Queens campus, Undergraduate students
living in the Manhattan and Staten Island Campus
Monday, March 18th
08:30 AM – 4:30 PM
|Tuesday, March 19th|
08:30 am - 2:30 pm
|Location: D’Angelo Center Foyer|
|Monday, March 18th 08:30 AM - Tuesday March 19th, 2:30PM|
- When you click to vote, you'll be asked to enter your Username
and Password. (your username is your STJ Computer USER
LOGIN ID [e.g. jsmit225]; your password is your 8 digit
ID# on the front of your StormCard [e.g.
- After entering your Username and Password, click "Login."
- Click on the box next to the candidates name to make your
- You are required to vote for all positions contested, but each
position you vote for can only have one selection for the vote to
- To record your votes, click on the green "Vote" button at the
end of the process.
- To view/print a Confirmation receipt of your ballot, click on
"View Receipt for Student Government, Inc. Executive Board
Elections 2013 Ballot."
- You may sign out at any time by clicking the "Sign Out" tab.
Once you click the green "Vote" button, you cannot sign back
If you don't have access to a computer, please go to the Poll
Voting stations at the designated Time and Location mentioned
above. If you have questions or have any problems logging on,
please contact the Student Government Elections 2012 Representative
by calling (718) 990-1587 from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. Make sure to
have your StormCard ID number available when calling.