In order to accommodate the parking needs of the University
community, the Department of Public Safety has developed a Parking
Program. All members of the University community who wish to
park on campus must have an appropriate parking permit
issued by Public Safety. Parking on campus is not an
entitlement and is limited by available parking space. Parking
privileges can be refused or revoked at the discretion of the
University. When a person accepts a permit, he or she does so with
the following understanding:
- The purchase of a permit gives the University members the right
to park on campus, in designated parking areas based on
availability. The purchase of a permit does not guarantee a parking
space on the campus.
- The acceptance by any person of a parking permit, whether
temporary or permanent, shall constitute the acceptance of the
Parking Rules and Regulations.
- All parking patrons park their vehicles on campus at their own
risk. The University is not responsible for the theft of any
vehicle, its contents, or for damage sustained by a vehicle parked
on campus property.
- All vehicles not bearing a proper University parking permit are
subject to parking violations.
- Vehicles non-compliant with the Parking Rules and Regulations
or vehicles with multiple/recurring parking violations may be
immobilized or towed away at the owner’s expense.
- Parking a vehicle on University ground is a privilege that may
be granted and revoked by the University. The University is
authorized and reserves the right to regulate the use of any and
all of its vehicle parking facilities for the exclusive use of
designated groups or individuals.
- Parking Rules and Regulations must be observed at all times
including exam periods, registration, summer sessions and inclement
weather. Any information contained within the booklet is subject to