- As a Catholic University, the Office of New Student Orientation
strives to provide a welcoming and nurturing environment for new
incoming student and their families and to expose them to the many
great areas of St. John's University.
- As a Vincentian University, inspired by St. Vincent de Paul's
compassion and zeal for service, we are committed to providing a
strong sense of community where students will foster professional
growth during their college years.
- As a Metropolitan University, we initiate the integration of
new students into the intellectual, cultural, and social climate of
St. John's University and the New York City metropolitan area.
To accomplish this mission, professional, clerical and student
staff members will work with other administrative offices,
students, faculty, and alumni to:
- Provide a high quality and inclusive program in which new
students and their families will attain a sense of belonging to St.
- Create an environment where new students can feel welcome while
also preparing them for the next stage in their development as a
- Incorporate the many wonderful aspects on New York City into
their college experience and also exposing the opportunities it has
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (718) 990-5353 at the Queens campus.
For more information on orientation at the Staten Island
campus call (718) 390-4131.
St. John's University makes available accident and sickness
insurance to all students through University Health Plans. Learn more