St. John’s University is proud to offer a vibrant campus life
which includes a large number of educational, cultural, athletic
and social activities on our three New York City campuses.
Getting involved in campus life is the greatest way to become part
of the University community, and create one’s own unique St. John’s
These are some of our diverse student programs:
- A wide-ranging Academic Lecture series that provides students
with thoughtful and stimulating intellectual discourse in a setting
outside of the classroom.
- Signature campus events including an Activities Fair, a Winter
Carnival, Homecoming, and the Spring Week programs, which on the
Queens Campus features the famous “Spring Fling” Carnival and
- Students will have the opportunity to plan and celebrate our
diverse student body with themed monthly programs such as an Asian
Pacific Islander Heritage Celebration, an African Heritage
Celebration, a Latino Heritage Celebration, an Italian Heritage
- Education, a Celtic/Gaelic Heritage Celebration and a Women’s
- Students may join a variety of exceptional student clubs:
academic groups, honor societies, cultural and religious groups,
media organizations, performing arts groups, service groups,
fraternities and sororities, and political organizations. They are
also encouraged to participate in one of the student governments
located on each of the three NYC campuses.
- Resident and Commuter students can quickly enhance their social
and academic networks on campus by participating in the many
Learning Communities (LCs).
- Wellness and Recreational programs developing their mind, body
and spirit while encouraging them to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- The student experience is not limited to the physical
campus. St. John's University provides a variety of
opportunities to experience New York City. A convenient shuttle bus
transports students between the three campuses and to many cultural
and entertainment opportunities in the heart of Manhattan.
Special buses are also provided to attend major sporting events,
museums, Broadway shows and concerts. Students often receive
substantial discounts for tickets to these events as well through
our Campus Concierge.