Student Research Assistant
Applying 3D Printing Design for Innovation and Commercial Application
3D Printing is a relatively new technology has applications to medical, consumer, and industrial products. Both hardware and software development are taking place in a rapid pace, due to opportunities for design and making new products and allowing existing products made in non-traditional ways. So, this research project is focused on design and development of everyday products, and in creating new and improved products.
- MUST be a at least a junior of good standing; willing to meet with the professor at least once-a-week for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Above average computer skills, especially Internet, some programming capability, willing to be trained in 3D Printing Skills, self-starter and ability to work without much supervision.
- Be able to design 3D products of sufficient complexity; ability to rework and edit a poor design and improve upon the existing design for objects that can be printed. Be able to accept deadlines and maintain professionalism.
- Level: Graduate
- Year in Program: Junior or Senior with computer skills and creativity
- Semesters Recruiting:Summer
- Campus(es): Queens
- Hours per Week: 10 to 15 hours
- Type of Position: Paid
- Pay: As per the rules of St. John's University Student Worker Pay
Position Status: Open
Interested in this Job?
If you are interested in this research opportunity, call Dr. Jay Nathan at (718) 990-1879, or e-mail email@example.com