Anyone familiar with the history of St. John’s University knows
that it was established in 1870 in a small farmhouse in Brooklyn.
As the University grew in size and stature, that early location
evolved into the Lewis Avenue campus, located at the intersection
of Lewis and Willoughby Avenues.
Although that historic campus no longer exists as part of the
University, for the past 53 years our Lewis Avenue alumni have
maintained their connection to each other by gathering for an
annual Lewis Avenue Alumni Reunion. They also remain
committed to supporting St. John’s by reaching out to the young men
and women who are today following in their footsteps, primarily
through their support of the Fr. Cyril Meyer Lewis Avenue Alumni
The scholarship has made a decided impact on the lives of many
students who would otherwise been unable to pursue their dream of a
St. John’s education.
John W. "Jack" Kaiser '49C is Honored at
Sixth Annual Baseball Bullpen Winter Banquet
A record crowd of nearly 300 alumni, family and friends of the St.
John's baseball program attended the Sixth Annual Baseball Bullpen
Banquet, which was held at the New York Athletic Club in Manhattan,
highlighted by guest speaker and two-time World Series champion
Terry Francona and billed as an evening to honor and thank Hall of
Fame coach Jack Kaiserfor his nearly 70 years of continued support
to both St. John's and the baseball program.
Read the full story.
Read about the Brooklyn Day gathering and view the photo
For more information, please contact:
Assistant Director, Office of Alumni
Tel (718) 990-6835