What are the basic procedures and requirements for
applying to St. John's?
Please complete the free online application located here.
Provide the following materials:
- Official secondary school results in original language with
official English translation.
- Official examination results – if taken- from the examining
board (Baccalaureate; General Certificate of Education; Caribbean
Examinations Council; West African Examinations Council, for
- TOEFL or IELTS exam to demonstrate English language
proficiency. Applicants who have attended a school where the
primary language of instruction is English can have this
- SAT Optional unless applicant is applying for the Pharmacy or
Actuarial Science program, or would like to be considered for
What is the minimum score required for TOEFL or
- For TOEFL the minimum internet score for admission is 61.
Between 61 and 99 students will be asked to take an English
Language Placement exam when they arrive on campus. A score over
100 fully qualifies the student as English proficient.
- For IELTS the minimum score is 6.0.
- Students are welcome to apply with scores lower than the
requirement to be considered for conditional admission.
Is the SAT required for international
- The SAT is only required if an international student would like
to be considered for academic scholarship.
Can international students receive financial aid and
- Financial aid is offered to students who are permanent U.S.
residents or citizens. International students are only eligible for
academic scholarships. Academic scholarships are awarded on a
competitive basis to a small number of applicants with outstanding
academic records. A combined Critical Reading and Math SAT
score of 1000 is required to be considered for scholarships.
Back to FAQ