What are the basic procedures and requirements for
applying to St. John's?
Please complete the free online application located here.
Provide the following materials:
- Official secondary school results in original language with
official English translation.
- Official examination results - if taken - from the
examining board (i.e., Baccalaureate; General Certificate of
Education; Caribbean Examinations Council; West African
- TOEFL or IELTS exam to demonstrate English language
proficiency. Applicants who have attended a school where the
primary language of instruction is English can have this
- SAT is optional, unless applicant is applying for the
Pharmacy program, Actuarial Science program, or would like to
be considered for academic scholarship.
What is the minimum score required for TOEFL or
- For TOEFL the minimum internet score for admission is 61.
Students who score between 61 and 99 will be asked to take an
English Language Placement exam when they arrive on campus.
Students who score 100 or higher fully qualify as English
- For IELTS the minimum score is 6.0.
- Students are welcome to apply with scores lower than the
requirement to be considered for conditional admission.
Is the SAT required for international
- The SAT is only required if an international student would like
to be considered for academic scholarship.
Can international students receive financial aid and
- Financial aid is offered to students who are permanent U.S.
residents or citizens. International students are only eligible for
academic scholarships. Academic scholarships are awarded on a
competitive basis to a small number of applicants with outstanding
academic records. A combined Critical Reading and Math SAT
score of 1000 is required to be considered for scholarships.
Back to FAQ