Nassau Community College
St. John’s University and Nassau Community College are excited to announce this unique and beneficial program for our students. As a result of this agreement, students applying to NCC can make their future intention to transfer to STJ known during the application process. When this is done, NCC students will be given exclusive opportunities to visit the STJ campus and work directly with our esteemed faculty and professional staff to make their transition as smooth as possible. In addition, NCC students transferring to STJ are guaranteed a priority admission and scholarship decision. This agreement is also applicable to currently enrolled students at NCC. For more details, contact Aubrey Rakoski.
Affiliation Agreement Open To:
- Applicants to NCC who will be first‐time, matriculated freshmen; OR
- Transfer applicants to Nassau from any accredited institution who will enter Nassau with fewer than 24 credits of completed college work except students who have previously been dismissed from St. John's; OR
- Any current matriculated NCC student interested in this affiliation prior to the completion of 24 credits of college work.
Upon completion of Associates degree, the applicant may apply to St. John's to continue their education. Students will be provided with the option of selecting one of the following programs:
|NCC DEGREE||min. NCC GPA||ST. JOHN'S DEGREE|
|Liberal Arts||2.3||College of Professional Studies|
B or btter in Math for Computer Science
B or better in Eng. for Journalism
|Liberal Arts||2.5||St. John's College|
3.0 for Speech Pathology
2.7 for Psychology
|Liberal Arts/Business||2.7||Tobin College of Business|
*pre-calculus with a C or better
(or math placement exam)
Actuarial Science: pre-calc/calc with a B or better
|Liberal Arts/Education||3.0||School of Education|
(Degree Specifics inserted above as well as any minimum GPA requirements)
- The student may be required to meet additional and/or specific requirements upon transferring to STJ and must satisfy STJ’s general admission requirements.
- Other programs may become available
- Students who matriculate at STJ following graduation from NCC will be required to fulfill STJ requirements in effect the semester and year they matriculate.
- NCC students who have been participating in the Affiliation with STJ will be awarded an academic scholarship upon their acceptance to STJ as long as they have over 24 credits and at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Students who have been admitted to STJ and have paid the enrollment deposit by the deadline will be pre‐registered and given priority in registering for classes at STJ.
Queens and Manhattan Campuses
Staten Island Campus
Effective Date: February 15, 2013
Source: Office of the Provost