The Tobin College of Business is a
recognized leader in business education – providing our
students and others we serve with the opportunity to reach their
full potential as business professionals in a global
Our mission is to develop men and women of character able to
lead the way in today's global economy. Prepared with
state-of-the-art problem-solving skills and an international
perspective, our graduates will be known for ethical leadership
benefiting all stakeholders.
We will accomplish our mission via five key
1. Excellence in Teaching: Nothing is more important. We will
strive to deliver the best-in-class business education.
2. Experiential Learning: Giving traction to theory, we will
emphasize applied, experiential learning. By bringing the
real-world of business into our classrooms, we will prepare our
students to compete with the best from day one.
3. A Global Education for the Global Career: Our perspective
will be global, and that perspective will inform every course of
4. Service to the Global Community: We will use our skills to
benefit others, especially the economically disenfranchised, to
create jobs, foster healthier communities, and offer hope where it
is in short supply.
5. Research: Scholarly research is key to the life of a business
school. Our research will be applied as well as basic and will be
integral to our teaching.