Objectives of the Accounting, Program Audits and
Enterprise Development Team: Marie St Jean*, Jack Chen, Tyler Deng,
Chi Le, Ana Morales
1. Organizing and revising documents
- Check if any revisions or updates are necessary
- Create necessary reports
2. Enterprise development
- Update business lexicon
- Promote business ideas
- Develop business training tools
3. Planning and budgeting
4. Internal auditing
- Monitor progress of teams
- Evaluate mission goals
5. External auditing
- Monitor loan activity
- Compare to statistical outcomes, if available
- Monitor high-risk loans and attempt to reduce defaults
- Develop a system to track loan funds
6. Communicating with other people
- Talk with other liaisons, University staff, and Daughters
Objectives of the Finance and Risk Assessment Team: Tung
Hoang, Nathan Holmes, Megan Lane, Matthew Ricardo, Danai
1. Refine criteria/parameters for potential applicants:
- By establishing a set of guidelines and criteria for the
Daughters of Charity, we aim to create a more accurate screening of
potential candidates for the micro-loans.
2. Research other Micro-finance institutions:
- Research other MFIs to benchmark best practices and explore
opportunities for future collaboration.
3. Communicate directly with the field:
- Communicate directly with the Daughters of Charity in the
countries where we are giving out our loans to be able to ask them
questions in order to make sure our borrowers meet the standards
that we will establish.
4. Work closely with the accounting team
- Have a system of alerts that would nudge us to review our loan
portfolio periodically and know when loans are coming due, are
Objectives of the Marketing and Fund Raising Team:
Tiffany Wong, Princy Ann Abraham, Stephanie Pereira Lima, Melissa
1. Raise $2,500 for future GLOBE expenses.
2. Have our first fundraising event at the “Career Series
Conference” on Feb 11, 2012 where we will sell baked goods.
3. Work with Alumni Relations to develop a fundraising program
with STJ alumni (GLOBE alumni as well)
4. Build on the Phone Campaign that began last year.
5. Create our own proposal by developing a grant writing
template with the help of a grant writing professional.
6. Hold 5 mini-fundraising events (bake sales etc.)
7. Hold 1 large fundraising event: “Friends of GLOBE Party”
8. Sell raffles at our Final Presentation.
Objectives of the Technology and Communications Team:
Luis Colon, Boryana Yordanova, Anastasia Zavgorodni*, Aiden Eun Gee
Min, Nirveeta Mahabir
1. Increase Twitter followers to 200 (currently at 101)
2. Increase Facebook Likes to 1500 (currently at 1090)
3. Use the current Blogspot account as an interactive website,
update with -quotes, photos, videos, reflections, links, articles,
personal blog posts, etc.
4. Produce Video Blog posts for all the task teams and a final
video. Use it to promote GLOBE.
5. Update Facebook; Twitter more frequently – one inspirational
quote, one microfinance article and a video link about
6. Create an event page to post on the GLOBE Facebook for every
event we host (work with the STJ Campus Activities page and the
Official STJ page so that they also post it and it reaches more
people as well as with @STJnow on Twitter.
7. Take photos of all events and post them to Flickr Account for
8. Keep an organized spreadsheet of GLOBE’s contacts.
9. Attempt to be recognized as an organization /on-campus group
so that we can utilize OrgSync
10. Update information about the teams’ objectives and progress
on the STJ Globe website
11. Figure out a way to communicate with the Daughters via Skype
(send them instructions) so that they can perhaps even speak to our
12. Utilize GoogleDocs so that we all have access to our