- Only those Television & Film major who will be juniors or
seniors during their internship are eligible.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 2 TVF (CAS)
production courses related to the area in which they will be
interning. The relevancy of your course work will be determined by
- All students applying for internship credit must have a minimum
2.75 cumulative GPA.
- All internships must be approved. A list of
approved internships, and general instructions concerning
internships is available
- Although students may find internships on their own, these must
be approved in advance.
- Internships carry no salary, although in some cases you may be
paid a stipend for travel or lunch.
- No last minute internships will be permitted. Students must
register during registration period as prescribed by St. John’s
University. Students may not register when the semester has already
- No student may receive more than 6 hours of combined
internship, practicum, and co-curricular club credit (WSJU, Film
All students must attend an information seminar with
Prof. Baeva the semester before actually doing the internship.
At this meeting, Prof. Baeva will explain the process in
detail and what will be expected of you as an intern. Applications
will be filled out at that time. No student will be permitted to
take an internship without attending this information session.
Keep a daily log of your activities. You can and should include
information about how you got the internship and what you expect
from your sponsoring organization. This may be either hand written
or typed, but will be submitted to Prof. Baeva at the end of
the semester. Keep detailed records of your activities.
You must submit a preliminary report, explaining your
experiences during the first two weeks of your internship. This
should be at least 2 to 3 pages long. This report is due during the
third week of your internship.
At the end of the semester, you will submit a 7to 10 page report
detailing your activities during your internship and your personal
comments on its value to you.
Your final grade will consist of:
- Your sponsor’s evaluation of your performance
- Your log
- Your 2 reports
- Meeting all deadlines for handling in all materials.
You internship should be an extremely valuable and fun
experience. Enjoy it, but do a good job, too. We expect you to
behave in a mature, professional, and responsible manner. Remember,
you represent St. John’s University. Our inters have gained us a
wonderful reputation, and we depend on you to continue that
Director, TV and Film Studies Program