Mission Statement of the
Radiologic Sciences Program
The Radiologic Sciences Program of St. John’s University strives
to educate and prepare each student for a career as a radiologic
technologist. The didactic and clinical curricula are
designed to develop and enhance effective communication skills,
technical skills, and professionalism while inspiring excellence in
practice. The program will provide a balanced clinical education
complimented with a didactic atmosphere conducive to fostering
teamwork and self development to provide a foundation for academic
and career advancement.
Goals and Learning Outcomes
1. The student will demonstrate clinical competency by
mastering both the didactic and clinical portions of the
- Students will effectively position patients.
- Students will effectively protect patients and the healthcare
team from radiation.
- Students will utilize their technical knowledge to produce a
- Students will provide quality patient care.
2. The student will exhibit professionalism and ethical
- Students will demonstrate ethical and professional work
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the importance of
participating in professional activities to ensure continued
education development and growth.
- Students will abide by HIPAA.
3. The student will effectively communicate in a
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication
4. The student will demonstrate critical thinking skills to
obtain quality diagnostic images while ensuring patient safety and
- Students will accommodate for non-routine and trauma
- Students will manipulate technical factors for non-routine
- Students will effectively position trauma patients.
5. Program Effective Measures: The program will
effectively prepare the graduate for a career as an entry-level