The Bachelor of Science Degree Program in Chemistry combines
rigorous science courses with general core courses to provide
students with the knowledge and skills to excel in many different
career paths. By the time they graduate, students will be able to
meet the following objectives:
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of fundamental
principles of and current developments in chemistry.
- Effectively communicate chemistry-related ideas, concepts and
findings to the general public and the scientific community through
speech, writing and visual displays
- Critically evaluate diverse forms of chemistry-related
literature or conversation (academic discourse, scientific reports
and public opinion)
- Demonstrate knowledge of chemical structure, mechanisms,
reactivity and energetics.
- Illustrate knowledge of the principles of qualitative and
- Master fundamental laboratory techniques.