To promote and support in the global community the optimal
education and development of children, from birth through early
adolescence, and to influence the professional growth of educators
and the efforts of others who are committed to the needs of
children in a changing society.
- To promote the inherent rights, education and well-being of all
children in their homes, schools and communities.
- To work for desirable conditions, programs, and practices for
children frmom infancy through early adolescence.
- To bring into active cooperation all individuals and groups
concerned with children
- To raise the standard of preparation for those actively
involved with the care and development of children
- To encourage the continuous professional growth of
- To focus the public’s attention on the rights and needs of
children and on the ways various programs must be adjusted to fit
those rights and needs
World Wide Representation
ACEI is a member of the United Nations’ nongovernmental
organizations (NGO’s). Granted consultative status, we share
concerns and expertise on leading children’s issues.
ACEI has been designated by the National Council for Accreditation
of Teacher Education (NCATE) to be responsible for the folio review
process for elementary teacher education programs in the United
Membership is as close as your campus. Get involved in our student
branch and help make a difference locally.
ACEI has a student representative with full voting privileges on
the executive board to represent your needs.
Professional Membership Affiliation on your
When it’s time to get your first job, it helps to show prospective
employers that you care enough about your future to belong to a