Management for Information Professionals, Advanced Certificate
You can complete the fully online advanced certificate in Management for Information Professionals at St. John’s University as a stand-alone degree or as a specialization within the Master of Science program in Library and Information Science. The certificate will develop your management and leadership potential, enabling you to take on leadership positions in libraries and information organizations. Our program features a unique focus on social justice, responsibility, and ethics.
This certificate program will help you enhance your skills and expertise in developing and managing strategic partnerships, collaborations, projects, knowledge bases, and new initiatives for a changing work environment. You’ll also examine and apply the strategies, processes, and practices used by information organizations and managers to leverage human resources effectively and efficiently.
You can complete the advanced certificate in one year.
Please note that no federal aid is available to students who complete the certificate as a stand-alone degree.
All applicants to the program must meet the requirements for admission into graduate programs in St. John’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. These requirements include:
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 for the most recent degree earned
- Completion of a master’s degree in Library and Information Science (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- A 300-word statement of professional goals
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended
- A resume or curriculum vita
Office of Graduate Admission
Earn Your Degree Online
Pursue your St. John’s degree entirely on your computer. Our fully accredited Online Learning programs allow you to take courses electronically. Log in at your convenience to enter our virtual classrooms, learn from our accomplished faculty, and engage with classmates.
Our online courses offer the same high academic quality that students experience on campus. Professors deliver lectures and post assignments via Blackboard, our electronic course management system. Students use it to attend virtual classes, share documents, take exams, and exchange ideas with faculty and classmates.
A Fully Academic Experience
You also enjoy the outstanding services available to all St. John’s students, for example:
- Eligibility for financial aid
- Tuition and fees identical to those for on-campus courses
- Access to library collections, career services, mentoring, and other academic resources.
Contact us for more information about online learning at St. John’s.