Library and Information Science, Advanced Certificate
Our technology rich Advanced Certificate Program provides an opportunity for librarians, archivists, and other information professionals to specialize, and/or update their professional education. The program allows an individualized multi-disciplinary approach, based on the specific needs of the student.
Nine credits of this 24 credit program may be selected from outside the Division, but within the University in a pertinent subject area. The program helps practicing librarians, and those in related fields, to extend their knowledge in library and information science and may be tailored to the student's specific needs.
- CIP Code and Description: 25.9999 Library Science, Other
- Normal length of program: 4 semesters (Please note that students can work on their own pace so actual length of time to complete the program may vary.)
- Related Occupations: Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code of 25-4021.00 – Librarians
- Tuition, Fees, Books, Room and Board Costs: Tuition, Fees, Room and Board Costs are based on prevailing rate of the year in which courses applicable certificate program are taken.
- Federal Student Loan Debt: No statistical data available since there were less than 10 graduates in the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Private Loan Debt: No statistical data available since there were less than 10 graduates in the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Program Completion in Normal Time: No statistical data available since there were less than 10 graduates in the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Job Placement Rate: Awaiting establishment of NCES methodology to calculate this rate.
Please see a list of our Library and Information Science faculty.
Earn Your Degree Online
Pursue your St. John’s degree entirely on your computer. Our fully accredited Online Learning programs allow you to take courses electronically. Log in at your convenience to enter our virtual classrooms, learn from our accomplished faculty, and engage with classmates.
Our online courses offer the same high academic quality that students experience on campus. Professors deliver lectures and post assignments via Blackboard, our electronic course management system. Students use it to attend virtual classes, share documents, take exams, and exchange ideas with faculty and classmates.
A Fully Academic Experience
You also enjoy the outstanding services available to all St. John’s students, for example:
- Eligibility for scholarships and financial aid
- Tuition and fees identical to those for on-campus courses
- Access to library collections, career services, mentoring, and other academic resources.
Contact us for more information about online learning at St. John’s.