Italian Cultural Center
The Italian Cultural Center, established at St. John's in 1992, conducts various educational and cultural activities that increase the awareness of Italian-Americans of their heritage, and strives to foster a greater appreciation of the significant contributions of Italians to American culture. With pride, the Center seeks to preserve, communicate, and celebrate Italian and Italian-American culture, values, and heritage while supporting the mission of the University.
Additionally the Center strives to:
- promote Italy, its language, literature and culture
- inform the community of Italy's contribution to architecture, art, music, literature, medicine, mathematics, philosophy,theology, science, law and every field of human endeavor
- present cultural events, such as concerts, operas, plays and exhibits; enhance opportunities for the study of the Italian language, literature and culture
- enlarge the St. John's library collection of publications covering the contribution of Italy and the Italian-American experience
- create exhibits for Italian art and artifacts; present workshops in art, music and theater
- and provide scholarships to students for study in Italy.