What is an internship?
It is an academically based work experience in which you receive on-site training to gain valuable experience in a specific field or career. Benefits include:
- Opportunities to earn credit toward your major
- A head start in your career field
- Learn job-seeking skills
- Sharpen essential skills such as Written/Oral Communication, Interpersonal Leadership, Analytical, Organizational and Teamwork/Flexibility
- Gain real-world experience and networking opportunities
- Build your resume
- Academic Internships for Credit
- Credit-bearing work experience
- No credit awarded
- Paid Internships: Salaried work experience, no credit awarded
- see the Career Center.
Minimum Requirements for Internships:
Students should be junior or senior status with 60 credits completed at time of application. At least 12 credits should be completed in your major area with a GPA of 2.75 or better.
If you meet the requirements, please ask for more internship information:
Contact Information for Interested Students
Assistant to the Dean
St. John's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
St. John Hall, Room 145