Benefits of Internships
Students who participate in internships gain:
- Academic credit toward their majors
- A head start in their chosen careers
- An introduction to the professional world
- Practice in skills like written and oral communication, leadership, organization, teamwork, flexibility, and critical thinking
- Networking opportunities
- Resume-building experience
Students may participate in internships for academic credit, or paid internships for which no credit is awarded. Career Services offers more information about the types of internships available to students.
Minimum Requirements for Internships
Students eligible for internships will have completed 60 credits overall. They should have completed at least 12 credits within their majors, with a major GPA of 2.75 or higher.
Internships Around the World
St. John's University offers some international internships to students in their junior year who meet the language prerequisites for each program. Opportunities are available in Paris, Seville, and Rome, and include intern positions at government offices, local universities, private companies, and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs).
Assistant to the Dean
St. John's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
St. John Hall, Room 145