All St. John's University's campuses will be open Wednesday, January 28 and all classes will run on a regular schedule. The Registrar's office has extended the add/drop deadline to Wednesday, February 4, 2015. This does not apply to Law School students.
Benefits of Internships
Students who participate in internships gain:
- Academic credit toward their majors
- A head start in their chosen careers
- An introduction to the professional world
- Practice in skills like written and oral communication, leadership, organization, teamwork, flexibility, and critical thinking
- Networking opportunities
- Resume-building experience
Students may participate in internships for academic credit, or paid internships for which no credit is awarded. Career Services offers more information about the types of internships available to students.
Minimum Requirements for Internships
Students eligible for internships will have completed 60 credits overall. They should have completed at least 12 credits within their majors, with a major GPA of 2.75 or higher.
Assistant to the Dean
St. John's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
St. John Hall, Room 145