Association for Childhood Education International
When you select the Association for Childhood Education International as your professional education association, you will join one of the oldest education associations in the world. Founded in 1892, ACEI Promotes the inherent rights of children and the professional development of classroom teachers. ACEI’s focus is from birth through middle childhood, so no matter what age of children you will be teaching, ACEI has programs to help you.
The New York City Branch of the Association for Childhood Education International (NYCACEI) invites you to learn more about us and consider membership for yourself as a teacher, educator or an administrator.
“ACEI is a widely respected nonprofit education association, whose members share a dual commitment to the fulfillment of every child’s potential and the professional development of the classroom teacher. Our members—professional and students – are dedicated to a holistic, child-centered approach to education that considers the child’s experiences in the home, school, community and world." (ACEI’s Web site: www.acei.org)
Eight Exciting Reasons for Students to Join ACEI
- Networking opportunities – meet current and retired teachers, other professionals in the field, education students at all levels and new teachers entering the field
- Affiliation with an international community of like-minded professionals who promote a holistic child-centered approach to education and FREE affiliation with your local branch, NYCACEI at St. John’s University
- Leadership experience – join a committee, run for office and more
- Receive quality publications and join ACEI Conferences
- Special student rate – upon graduation, membership will be upgraded to professional status at the reduced rate for your first year as a teacher – save money
- Student membership includes the best childhood education resources on the planet including Childhood Education (six issues), the ACEI Exchange (five issues) and The Student Connection (two issues)
- Informative workshops and seminars that help you in your professional development
- Certificate of Membership for your portfolio upon request (looks good on the resume)
If you would like more information, please feel free to contact the NYCACEI Executive Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or send written correspondence to
St. John’s University, NYCACEI,
c/o Professor Smita Guha, Ph.D., NYCACEI Advisor
8000 Utopia Parkway
Sullivan Hall, 4th Floor
Queens, NY 11439.