Taxation, Master of Science
The Master of Science (M.S. - Taxation) degree program is intended to provide a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code, tax regulations, judicial decisions, and Treasury rulings to enable the student to conduct tax research, facilitate tax compliance, and develop tax-planning strategies. The M.S.-Taxation program not only provides the necessary technical knowledge for career advancement but also develops the student’s ability to meet the changing needs of clientele, learn the latest techniques for effectively researching taxation issues, and gain a comprehensive understanding of evolving taxation principles and issues.Back to top
Applicants must possess an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting.
Applicants who have passed the Uniform CPA Examination may use those results in lieu of the GMAT.
The Peter J. Tobin College of Business
Office of Graduate Admission
8000 Utopia Parkway
111C Bent Hall
Queens, NY 11439
The program will prepare graduates to:
Demonstrate the ability to apply the competencies of the discipline.
- Identify and measure the tax consequences of actions taken by individuals, partnerships and corporations
- Analyze and summarize tax data for decision making
- Communicate and report tax findings
- Research technical tax issues
- Utilize and leverage technology in tax research and preparation
- Recognize appropriate professional behavior