Risk Management and Insurance, Master of Science
The Master of Science (M.S.) program in Risk Management and Insurance has a special focus on insurance as a tool of risk management but the broader goal of the program is to enable its graduates to finance corporate risk, within the realities of the firm’s environment, in a way that preserves/enhances firm value.
Please see a list of our School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science faculty.
All applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level. In addition to the application form and non-refundable application fee candidates should submit the following:
- Statement of professional goals and resume which can be uploaded as part of the application for admission
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended. International Applicants to programs in Accounting and Taxation must have a Graduate Admissions evaluation completed by AEQUO.
- Official GMAT or GRE scores, taken within the last five years
- Two letters of recommendation, obtained from professional or academic references
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English
For additional information, please contact:
The Peter J. Tobin College of Business
Office of Graduate Admission
8000 Utopia Parkway
111C Bent Hall
Queens, NY 11439
The program will prepare graduates to:
Demonstrate the ability to apply the competencies of the discipline
- Understand the process of how to identify, measure, and manage risk
- Understand how to mitigate and finance loss exposures using alternative risk management techniques
- Understand insurance products and corporate risk management strategies
- Understand decision making for the operation of insurance and related financial service sector firms
- Demonstrate skill producing quality independent research using advanced statistical and simulation tools