Controllership, Master of Business Administration
The MBA degree program in Controllership and the APC program in Controllership are designed for those students who wish to obtain a graduate degree in the field of private, non-profit or governmental accounting but are not interested in pursuing licensure as certified public accountants.
Please see a list of our Accounting and Taxation faculty.
All applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level. Applicants to the M.S. in Accounting program must have been an undergraduate business major.
In addition to the application form and non-refundable application fee candidates should submit the following:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended
- Official Graduate Management Admission test (GMAT) scores, taken within the last five years*
- Typewritten statement of professional goals
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation, obtained from professional or academic references
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English
*Students applying to the M.S. in Management of Risk, M.S. in Enterprise Risk Management and M.S. in Investment Management programs may submit the official results from either the GMAT or the GRE. The GRE is not accepted for admission to any other graduate program within the Tobin College of Business.
**Applicants to the M.S. in Taxation program who have passed the CPA exam are permitted to waive the GMAT requirement.
For additional information, please contact:
The Peter J. Tobin College of Business
Office of Graduate Admission
8000 Utopia Parkway
111C Bent Hall
Queens, NY 11439