Vision and Mission
The Tobin College of Business is a recognized leader in business education – providing our students and others we serve with the opportunity to reach their full potential as business professionals in a global marketplace.
Our mission is to develop men and women of character able to lead the way in today's global economy. Prepared with state-of-the-art problem-solving skills and an international perspective, our graduates will be known for ethical leadership benefiting all stakeholders.
We will accomplish our mission via five key strategies:
- Excellence in Teaching: Nothing is more important. We will strive to deliver the best-in-class business education.
- Experiential Learning: Giving traction to theory, we will emphasize applied, experiential learning. By bringing the real-world of business into our classrooms, we will prepare our students to compete with the best from day one.
- A Global Education for the Global Career: Our perspective will be global, and that perspective will inform every course of study.
- Service to the Global Community: We will use our skills to benefit others, especially the economically disenfranchised, to create jobs, foster healthier communities, and offer hope where it is in short supply.
- Research: Scholarly research is key to the life of a business school. Our research will be applied as well as basic and will be integral to our teaching.