Networking and Telecommunications, Associate of Science
The central goal of the A.S. degree in Networking and Telecommunications in the College of Professional Studies is to prepare students either to enter the job market or to move on to a 4-year degree program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Networking and Telecommunications with the Business Option, or to another related 4-year degree program at St. John’s.Back to top
For more information about admission to this and other acclaimed undergraduate programs at St. John’s University, please contact us directly at the campus of your choice:
Admission Office - Queens Campus
Admission Office - Staten Island campus
The program prepares graduates to:
Demonstrate knowledge of the basic concepts which serve as the foundation for all communications networking systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the physical and logical principles that determine how data networks, and various telephonic and communications systems work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history, theory, terminology, and nomenclature of telecommunications systems.
- Demonstrate development of a strong foundation in the basic protocols and processes employed in networking.
Demonstrate the analytical skills necessary to apply the basic concepts and principles of networking to the solution of practical problems within a technical environment.
- Analyze organizational networking requirements.
- Identify and select communications technologies to address organizational requirements.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and communication skills required in a technical environment.
All St. John's students benefit from the University's many outstanding facilities and resources. Computer laboratories contain sophisticated PC and Mac workstations with a full range of the latest academic software packages. In addition, all new students receive their own wireless laptop computer.
High-tech classrooms and lecture halls feature sophisticated multimedia equipment. Lounges and quiet study areas enhance the research experience in our 1.7 million-volume University Library. The 127,000-square-foot D’Angelo Center, the new University and Student Center, features high-tech classrooms, lecture halls, a Starbucks Café, full service food court as well as lounges and study areas.
Students take advantage of St. John’s location in dynamic New York City. Our faculty and Career Center have strong ties to employers and other professional and educational resources throughout the New York area. Students make New York their classroom through innovative courses like Discover New York.Back to top