About The College of Professional Studies
The College of Professional Studies offers programs at both the Queens and Staten Island campuses, where students can experience a flexible yet challenging curriculum enriched by internships, community service and international study programs.
Students may work toward:
- A two-year graduate degree
- A four-year baccalaureate degree
- A two-year associate degree
Although many of the programs are highly specialized, we focus on providing students with a balanced curriculum that fuses specialized professional industry programs with a solid liberal arts foundation.
In addition to affording valuable, real-world exposure and hands-on experience in various fields of study, the College of Professional Studies provides students with the opportunity to participate in various professional societies, career nights and extensive alumni networking activities – all of which help bridge the gap between college life and future careers.
Resources that provide a professional environment where students can develop their skills and apply knowledge gained through their coursework include:
- Instructional Television and Radio Center
- WSJU St. John's University Radio Society and campus radio station
- WRED St. John's University Television Club and campus television radio
- The Torch, the weekly student newspaper
- Computer editing and video labs
- Academic and experiential internship opportunities